YC123.03.14 - Grand Prix

//PERSONAL LOG
//ENTRY BY CLEMENTINE LAFLEUR
//DATE YC123.03.14




This week sees the start of the Federation Grand Prix. A series of checkpoints all over the cluster marking significant landmarks. I wasn't going to take part, partly due to many capsuleers unofficially calling it The Gank Prix. Some of the legs of each of the routes take you through lowsec which is prime for those that like to sit on a stargate and activate their bubbles and smart bombs. The Northern route eve takes you up through Syndicate to get to Solitude. To say this is a death race is an understatement, and even if you are on the fastest ship built, you are still at risk.

Edward said he was running it and he even managed to get on the leaderboard the other day, which lit a fire under my feet to try it. My first lap went fine, no hassle. Only one camp but I managed to get through it in my Ares. The downside, it wasn't timed, and for me to be considered for the leaderboard I needed to run the gauntlet again. With confidence in my sails, I set off straight away. Aura link my killmail please 
[NEOCOM LINKING KILLMAIL - CLEMENTINE LAFLEUR - Kill: Clementine Lafleur (Ares)]. Safe to say my second attempt didn't end well! Edward said he wanted to question me on my choice of fit after seeing the killmail. Considering I hadn't even dropped out of warp when they popped me, my ship was pretty flimsy. I will need to have another brainstorm and throw some ideas at him and some of the more experienced guys in the corp.

On a more serious note, we had an Evemail from an agent within the Federal Intelligence Office requesting that we accompany their taskforce to Eugales. They said my dealings with Ms. Brezia may be an asset they can exploit. Maybe to yield information from Laura herself, or maybe gaining access to places they can not, who knows. I do have a weird feeling I might be getting set up as a scapegoat again though. Also, I'm not sure why but they specifically asked for my colleagues Jarlath as well. I suppose I'll be safer with someone watching back, and the second pair of eyes is always helpful too.

Anyway, I'm off for some late-night bookmarking of these routes. Hopefully, I can complete a run without getting blown up again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YC123.04.15 - A Month Gone By

YC122.10.29 - Crimson Harvest

YC122.10.27 - Silas Vitalia